Who Qualifies and What Can The Money Be Used For?
Who Qualifies for the Hero Homebuyer Credit?
Eligibility is based simply upon where you currently work or have previously been employed. To be eligible you must be a current employee, or retired from, a public agency. This includes a large group of people including, but not limited to: -Law Enforcement: Police Officers, Sheriffs, Highway Patrol, Correctional Officers, Dispatchers
- Fire Protection: Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics, Dispatchers
- Educators: Principals, Teachers, Counselors, Administration and Staff
- Healthcare Providers: Doctors, Nurses, Hospital Staff, Medical Office Staff, Dentists, Veterinarians
- Military: Active and Veterans
- Teamsters Members
- And so many more who work or have worked for a City, County, or State agency.
What can the money be used for?
The Hero Homebuyer Credit covers up to $20,000 of the closing costs with no repayment or increase in interest rate. The credit can be used to cover the following items:Escrow
- And any buyer related fees!